narhf
BACK TO TOP

Komoka Railway Museum

EX_CN_Station_Kamoka_Ont_Aug_2004

The Komoka Railway Museum was incorporated in 1980 to provide displays, restoration and storage of artifacts as they relate to the history and development of the area around Komoka, with particular emphasis on the influence of the railroads. To accomplish this, the museum acquired the former Canadian National rail station at Komoka in 1978 and moved it to its present location next to the Komoka Community Centre.

The museum owns a 1913 Shay locomotive and a Grand Trunk caboose. The former Longwoods flag stop station is also on site. A 1930s era baggage car is in the process of being repurposed and now holds two circus train collections, with the intent to house the museum’s library as well. 

Inducted in 2016

Back